X

Getting allitle far ahead of my self

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting allitle far ahead of my self

Allright my bike is still waiting to have a few things done to it before I even touch the plastic but i cant help to search around for ideas on paint. I am thinking of two options one is just black pretty simple single stage paint. The other is making my bike look like a plane from the WWII with the shark front and a pin up girl what paint should i use for the main color a gun metal or a battle ship greay color. I will probably attempt the shark my self but my tatoo artist does some pretty sweet airbrush work and I think i would have him do the pin up girls. Sorry about the long post My mind is just rolling with ideas since I am at work
    HILLBILLY DELUXE!!.........SLICK PICK UP TRUCKS.....LIVIN IT UP IN A SMALL TOWN....yep thats me

That WWII look would be awesome! Never even seen a bike like that!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

heres what I am thinking
      Attached Files
      HILLBILLY DELUXE!!.........SLICK PICK UP TRUCKS.....LIVIN IT UP IN A SMALL TOWN....yep thats me

Comment

ohh yea mine is a pre 98 but I think you get the idea

Comment

I think that would look freaking sweet!!!

But you should totally keep the pinup girl a stick figure..... I heard skinny girls is the in thing nowadays
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Man that thing is going to look good. Please keep us updated on this.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

quick question I have a small air compressor oil free could i use it to run a air brush. I would buy a water filter.

Comment

an airbrush can be used with anything from a can of compressed ait up to a huge industrial compressor. all you need is to be able to regulate the pressure.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                  an airbrush can be used with anything from a can of compressed ait up to a huge industrial compressor. all you need is to be able to regulate the pressure.
                  make sure it has a water separator too - water can seriously screw up an airbrush job
                  97 Katana 600
                  [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

no problem on the water seperator i just didnt want to by another compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade-Kat600
                      Originally posted by Mojoe
                      make sure it has a water separator too - water can seriously screw up an airbrush job
                      that goes without saying for any kind of painting. even if you have air tools, you should use one. moisure in your air tools will cause them to rust.

but they do not always work 100%, and you should have a secondary filter as well. one like this that is "inline" is also reccommended. they are cheap....like under $10. It eliminates any condensation that might be in the hose itself.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I actually have 2 inline driers as well as a dessicant snake from Eastwood and I didn't get ANY moisture through the line (I'm a little paranoid about contaminants in the paint). Remember though, if you go overkill like me, then you will want to have a pressure gauge at the gun to make sure you're getting the correct pressure as all of the inline driers will create a drop by the time the air gets to it's destination. Don't rely on the tank gauge alone.

Comment

I have always thought that the pre's looked like a shark anyway. The vents in the lower fairings have always reminded me of gills. I had thought about painting my bike very similar to your design, but opted for black.

I think it would look awesome. Maybe do the pin up girls on the forks or fender?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

That is a great idea! Very original (well, I have never seen a bike made up like that).

Keep us posted!
                            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Holy crap, that is the same idea I had for my bike originaly, but I chickened out because I knew I would sell it at some point and I figured that would limit buyers. I would love to see it when you are done FLYING TIGERS! I would make the face a little smaller, but the holes in the side of the fairing kind of get in the way...Good Luck!
                              "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

Working...
                              X