Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

just dropped my bike...happens to everyone right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just dropped my bike...happens to everyone right?

just gone done riding and was standing next to in taking my helmet off (kickstand up bike leaning against me) I guess i stood up straight or something cause as the helmet came off...the bike goes down on the other side. Damage isnt really bad. Scuffed the stock can etc. My biggest concern is this crack in the top fairing. Should i be concerned with it spreading. If not ill just get some black touch up paint and cover it the best i can.

Man i tell ya it sucks when you have such a nice ride and then jsut the smallest little thing like not putting my kickstand down before climing off just ruins my whole day.
    Attached Files

Why do you get off the bike before putting the kickstand down? That doesnt sound very intelligent
    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

uh - WHAT? shame on u - never get off a running bike - and never get off a bike with the kickstand up - EVER - Tisk tisk -

The crack can be filled with epoxy - touch up the paint after sanding it down.
      97 Katana 600
      [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Yes i know shame shame...but....the bike wasnt running. and i was standing beside it with the kickstand up just long enough to take my lid off and put the bike on its centerstand. Thank God its only minor damage. really dont even notice from more than 5 feet away. Oh well...lesson learned i guess. Next time ill just take the lid off before getting off the bike....problem solved.

Comment

Some touch up epoxy and sanding and it will look perfect. All you can do is learn from mistakes! The kick stand is your friend!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

According to the title my answer is.....

NO just you...you are the only one that has dropped there bike...

Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
            X