my new dash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The project is coming to an end....
    The painted bezel

While testing the backlight it occured the backlighting was'nt good, some places to intense others to little backlit, so I made a diffusor and now its ok. (to me )

An impression of the final looks..

Now I'm going to make a new glass for the gauge (original one is scratched a little), paint the outer ring in matching silver, assemble everything and it will be ready to be put on the bike. (happy me!)

Comment

Kwebbel that is so darn awesome, you could make mass money making those.IMHO
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Don't believe that Thazkat, it took me a full month to get in this stage....
        It would cost a fortune if I had to calculate the many hours going into this project.

/edit

It will take utterly 2 weeks more to put it on the bike. (will change the frontend together with the dash)
        Why 2 weeks? the 5th o' march we"ll have our annual clubmeeting and I really want to show my bike then.
        (MODist yes but not modist )

Comment

You have done such a great job, the project shows the effort and time you have put into it.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Amazing work.
            I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

kwebbel...awesome work as usual. Innovative, inspiring, and well excuted!

Comment

That is remarkable. One of the best custom dashes I have seen. I can't wait to see the finished product.
                AMA member # 224227

Comment

Incredible work !
                  Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Jippiejajee! It's ready
                    will follow.

Comment

That is great Kwebbel! Can't wait to see the finished pics.
                      ~Jayson

Comment

Cheering to soon! I made the brackets in SS but suddenly remembered a lecture on contactcorrosion.. I looked it up and was confirmed I couldn't combine SS and alloy.. so I had to throw away the ss-brackets and fabricate some new alloy ones.
                        They're ready now, tomorrow I will start connecting everything.
                        Man I wished I had more hours in a day!

Comment

Looking good. I would love to modify my dash. Yet something esle to sit down and think over.
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Comment

Very nice craftsmanship.

Comment

Now THAT'S a mod!

Comment

Working...
                                X