X

How do you install heelguards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you install heelguards?

I've searched and searched again but cannot find a post pertaining to installing aftermarket heelguards. I purchased some polished heelguards off ebay (couldn't beat the price) but am having a bit of trouble bolting them onto my frame. Do they slip over the stock ones or do I need to removed the entire stock mechanism, cut the stock ones off, and bolt all remaining pieces back on?

Thanks for any help.

Well the heel guards to my knowledge only have 2 screws each holding them to the frame so once you take those screws off with an allen key the old plate comes off put the new one on and screw the 2 screws in and you are done... then do the same thing for the other side. If the plates were made for the kat then the holes will lign up for the screws otherwise they wont fit.
    Shiny side up !!!

Comment

sounds like you have the wrong heelguards. the 750s used a different mount setup....the 600s bolt directly to the frame.
      Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Comment

Thanks blackKat I thought I was losing my mind there for a minute. Anyone need some polished heelguards for a 600?

Comment

Originally posted by MT N' DEW
          Thanks blackKat I thought I was losing my mind there for a minute. Anyone need some polished heelguards for a 600?
          Do you have a pic of them?

Comment

I'll post some on this weekend when I get back to my home.

Comment

Fazzt73, a vendor here on KR has carbon fiber heel guards if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
              X