Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Bright Silver Pre - 98; naked, decals or all out graphics??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright Silver Pre - 98; naked, decals or all out graphics??

Hey All -

Tires come in on Thursday, guage cluster fits well, she screams down the road and fits me like a glove... I was thinking about leaving her either naked or with a nominal stickering. Nothing too much.

She's a bright metallic silver GSX-600 with brilliant blue wheels. The seat is a smooth clean black that I reappolstered myself (proud of that, didn't think it'd come out as nice as it has ). I'll post a pic as soon as I can. But, does anyone got a ride like that that I can look at for ideas?

If I go with a graphics set up, I'm not what you'd call an extreme type... nothing off the hook wild would fit me.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

You might check the gallery in here. Oh, another great place to see bikes, granted they're not many Kats pictured, is www.Tapeworks.com. Tons of their customers have sent in bikes of thier bikes after adding Tapeworks kits. You'll see bikes form one extreme to the next. Anyway, it may give you some ideas.
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Try photoshopping in some graphics and see if you like them.

Comment

Try photoshopping in some graphics and see if you like them.
        Ahhh, if only I were that talented.... I'm leaning more and more towards leaving her naked (or w/ very little decal work).

Comment

Naked as in just "no graphics" or naked as in "no plastic"? I yanked all the plastic off of my 97 and I was really impressed with the look. Just clean up the gauge cluster and headlight and it would be a really sharp bike.
          "I'm not crazy because I take the right pills."

Comment

Naked as in no decals... for now. My buddy wants me to pull most of the plastic off b/c it looks wild... but for me, think I just like the plain wrapper.

Comment

Email me a pic and what kind of graphics you'd like. I could do some PS work for you.

Comment

Naked..
                Pre 98 600s look great that way..
                Look at Sexq's bike..

Comment

Email me a pic and what kind of graphics you'd like. I could do some PS work for you.
                  I don't have a pic of the bike completely back together yet. It 100% stock with a paint similar to mrhgy's ride

Comment

look at my bike in my sig, its a pre 98 and it has no graphics on it.

Comment

Mac -

Your bike looks great. I'll prolly go very minimalistic with anything that I might do. I think the pre - 98's look best that way. They look more like they're "adult owned" (gawd I hope I don't get flamed for that).

After I get 'er inspected and on the road, I'm going to do the fender elimination; dump the airbox; flushmount the signal lights; and, add a honeycomb mesh on the fairings. Should look swwweeeeet.

Comment

[quote="jgmann67"] They look more like they're "adult owned" (gawd I hope I don't get flamed for that).[quote]
                        I hear you!
                        After I get 'er inspected and on the road, I'm going to do the fender elimination; dump the airbox; flushmount the signal lights; and, add a honeycomb mesh on the fairings. Should look swwweeeeet.
                        What about getting the tail to blend with the fairing?
                        I like the look BTW (trimmed tail).
                        Just wondering.. BearKat's is the same way.
                        Just not sure it blends as well with the silver..
                        (Just my opinion..)

Comment

Finally - here's a side pic of the restoKAT.

What's that look like??
                          Attached Files

Comment

It looks really good. Maybe try coming up with a couple photoshop ideas of just some simple pinstriping that follows the contours of the bike. That'll really make 'er pop! If I get a chance in the next few days, I'll try to photoshop your bike for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67
                              Finally - here's a side pic of the restoKAT.

What's that look like??
                              My bad.. I thought that first photo was your KAt..

I think it looks great as is.

Comment

Working...
                              X