X

wet sanding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wet sanding

I other day I tried to wet sand the wind screen with a 1500 grit sand paper and water. Now the screen is full of scratches . I guess I sanded to long or too dry.

Now what do I do to get rid of these scratches?

maybe try some finer sand paper and then polishing with a buffer???????

Comment

You might also try sanding it in a tub of water. Sounds odd, I know, but it remains wet then. I'd go all the way to 3000 (I think it's made). It's the only way to get fine enough.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
        You might also try sanding it in a tub of water. Sounds odd, I know, but it remains wet then. I'd go all the way to 3000 (I think it's made). It's the only way to get fine enough.
        then add a coat of platic polish and maybe a coat of wax it will look good as new 1500 isnt very fine keep working your way higher

Comment

what about working up to say 0,00,000,or 0000 steel wool? maybe way to much over kill, but if nothing else gets rid of it, worth a try

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I have heard that the Mothers "power Ball" and plastic polish does wonders for plastic headlights. It may work well for your windscreen.

Comment

I would think that once it's scratched there isn't much you can do. I have plastic window on my jeep and have tried everything out there and nothing works. Even for the really minute scratches
              2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

after wet sanding you are going to see scratches until you polish it. go up on sandpaper like every one is saying and then use a fine cut plastic polish and then a swirl remover polish. takes some elbow grease but it works. my signature pic below has my seat cowl i just painted myself. i wet sanded with 2000 grit and then used plastic polish to work it out. good luck.

Comment

not to change the subject but that cowl looks great

Comment

Working...
                  X