X

To sticker or not to sticker...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To sticker or not to sticker...

that is the question. As I'm the type that can't leave well enough alone I'm thinking of removing the stickers/decals from my red 05 600 and was wondering if anyone had any pics of the end results. And what they used to remove them I'm thinking goo be gone and heat gun should do the trick.

I removed all my stickers on my 06 750. The only stickers I left on were the 3D S stickers on the tank and the metalic SUZUKI sticker above the 3rd eye. The bike looked sharp in solid burgundy with nothing to abstract the curves of the side panels. I have some pictures, but they`re not very complimenting of the true beauty of the Katana. I say take off the stickers. The bike looks cleaner without them. Especially on the 600 series. They have straight sharp flash design stickers that take away the round smooth flowing lines of the Katana.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

No heat gun.... use a hairdryer and some goo gone. heat up the decal with the hairdryer and SLOWLY SLOWLY peal it off, then use a liberal amount of goo gone and your all set.

Comment

The previous owner of my yellow 03 600 had dropped the bike, and after that decided to remove the stickers (except for tank and rear).

IMHO - the bike looked good, but a little naked for my liking. So I bought a small Suzuki logo and the large 3d Katana decal (check my ride profile).

My wife and I both think the bike looks nicer now and more balanced. I have before and after pics if need be.

I think a couple of properly placed decals can add to a bike. The factory 03 decal set is a bit much for my liking though

jokerz

Comment

I just removed the Large Decal on the Right Side of My Red 05 600. I did sit there and cut around the Name KATANA up by the Turn signal. I did not remove any of the other Decals.
          The whole reason this decal came off was that i dropped the Kat this afternoon totally messing up the Decal.

But I will have the Pic Uploaded in a few...

Comment

Here ya go UH60FXR

A Semi Clean Looking '05 Due to experiment with Newton's First Law of Gravity.

I did Leave all the Tail Section and Head Light Decals on (for Now). I think i will leave the smaller black Decal on the Side on for some sporty look to it.
            Hope this helps.

Comment

Just Finished the Other side a few mins ago.
              Wow what a difference. the bike looks alot cleaner than it did.

Time involved took about 1.5 hours per Large Decal. Plus i Razor-bladed the Name out of the decal. I will be replacing them with the 750 Decals ASAP.

I also cleaned the Bike before i did the Decal remove, used a heavily Satuated Goo-Gone Paper towel to remove any residue. Then cleaned the Main Fairing again (to make sure all Goo Gone and Decal pieces are all removed)
              H_K

Comment

The only stickers I have on the bike are the Suzuki above the third eye and on the tail.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I think with certain paint schemes, the sticket might look better. I removed the "katana" sticker from one side of my 03, because it was layed down on that side. In my opinion, the other side looks really good, and anytime I pass people on that side, I always get compliments on my bike (the side with teh sticker that is)
                  Roops Photography|facebook|
                  03 GSXR 1000
                  04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                  Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Update: Still haven't done it, might stay with the stickers for now. Definitely easier to take them off then to replace them if I change my mind.

Comment

I TOOK MY STICKERS OFF , IF YOU WANNA C HOW IT LOOKS JUST CHECK OUT MY PICTURES:

"KRAZYKATS KATANA PICTS."
                      :
                      :
                      :
                      \!/
                      << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                      KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

Krazy,
                        You definitely got a sweet looking ride. Especially the fender eliminator.

Comment

Nice pics. Now i can see what the bike will look like if i remove them all.
                          One Question where did you get the undertail??

As for the rest of My Decals, I been Heavily considering removing the rest of them. If i do, I will probably replace the Long 600 decal with a 600 decal from a GSX-R 600 or i might have a custom decal made.

again, Nice Pics

Comment

all of mine came off, look at my sig

Comment

Mine are also off .. Bike looks cleaner.
                              Guylaine
                              Try and keep up now

Comment

Working...
                              X