X

Seat Recovering

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Recovering

hey guys, I have been wanting to recover my seat for a while, but I don't really know where to start. I have checked my local upholstery shops and they dont even have the kind of covering I am looking for, all there stuff is the slick (fall off the seat) style vinyl. If someone has done this before for a newer katana (single seat) maybe you can give me a few pointers. But what I would really like know is where to buy some good covering. I suppose it needs to be super stretchy and nice and sticky. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I had my old Yamaha seat recovered by a local upholstery shop. They had alot of types of material to choose from and also offered custome stitching on the seat too if I wanted it.

Are you looking for specific material used for seats or other types of material as well ?

Comment

Actually I really like what comes on the seat from the factory, but I know I wont be able to buy that. I am not real picky about the material, I just want somthing that is not real smooth and definatly waterproof. I am sure somone sells seat covering material online, but I cannot find it. I read a post here that said something about diamond plate material which sound kinda cool. thanks!

Comment

The person that owned my bike previously recovered the seat to hide the original red seat. (see pic in sig) the material they used is like a suede type cloth and it actually almost matches the paint of my bike. They did it the homemade way though by cutting out the fabric in the shape of the seat. Getting a heavy duty staple gun and stapling it to the underside of the seat. It doesn't look bad although the fabric is starting to strech alittle and I want to redo it so it is a little more tighter. You can find pretty much any kind of fabric at your local sewing shop or whereever they sell sewing supplies. Note if your original seat is ripped or torn somewhere you probably would just want to get a new seat online or from the dealer.

Comment

try exotic sportbike.com than goto second look seat skins that would be the best answer cuz thats what Im doing

Comment

Originally posted by XKillerEliteX
            try exotic sportbike.com than goto second look seat skins that would be the best answer cuz thats what Im doing
            Damn..
            That looks like a good deal!
            $89
            http://www.exoticsportbike.com/gsx_katana_750_(89-04).htm

Comment

I got my old FZ600 done at an upholstery shop. Just keep looking becaus ethey should have material that will work. the trip is to get it done when the bike is away for the winter (if you put it away) and tell them to take there time. Mine was done for $20 and they stiched the FZ600 in the seat.

Comment

Those covers are awsome. Has anyone ever installed them, if so how dificult is it. Also, do you think the newer year covers would fit my bike(2000). I cannot figure out why the make a cover for every year when the seats are supposed to be the same right? Thanks

Comment

got the box from my recovering sitting right here "saddle Skins" " replacement seat covers by Travelcade" says inside the box is a reciept from DennisKirk.com so i would start there i can post a pic if interested.
                  Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

I have 3 sets of seats the I have recovered 2 of them...still working on the scheme I want to do for the 3rd one..anyways..I buy my material from:

Then take the seats to an upolstry shop and have them put it on.
                    I buy their marine vinyl, its durable and weather resistant...I mean the material is made to go on boat seats so it has to be a bit durable...I've used the diamond plate material and have been very happy with it...
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I found this on e-bay. I didn't search to forums but I'm sure its been mentioned before.

Comment

I just got another seat on ebay and I want to recover it too, I went to a local place and the guy is charging me $180 to do it using two colors. so I still looking around for better deal.

Comment

Working...
                        X