Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Hugger install complete on 02 Kat and 99% satisfaction!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugger install complete on 02 Kat and 99% satisfaction!

I just installed my hugger which came special from merry old England. Overall it was a pretty easy install. Toughest part was removing the bolt which holds the brake line harness on. Only one problem I've noticed since riding now with the hugger installed, when I go through dips or over bumps the hugger kind of slaps the tire and makes a thump sound. Its kind of annoying and probably makes people think my bike is falling apart. Theres only four small bolts and a little bracket attaching this hugger to the bike. I think the hugger needs to be buffed up some how to make it more rigid. I would like to remove the two metal rods on each side of the rear fairings to help get a better look at the hugger as well. Other than your helmet lock up deal thats attached to those rods, What are they there for? Is it tough taking them off? Minus that, I love it and can't wait to get my cowl and get my bike in for paint. If anyone has had similar problems please let me know what can be done to stiffen up that hugger. Thanks

Looks good. But I would remove the bars. Just two bolts each to remove them. Cleans the tail up and exposes the hugger more.
    Bike is sold

Comment

If anyone has had similar problems please let me know what can be done to stiffen up that hugger.
      If you want to make it stiff, sand the underside with #60 sandpaper and apply two layers of fiberglass. Mine is a complete fiberglass pc. 1/8" from the tire and it never touches it.

Comment

i thought you had to cut those "luggage" bars off?

Comment

Originally posted by redkat06
          i thought you had to cut those "luggage" bars off?
          Nope. Their bolted on, at least my 98 was.
          Bike is sold

Comment

Don't you use those as a grab handel to put it on the center stand? I do, but mabey it's just me. My 05's are just bolted on as well

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaBadass
              Don't you use those as a grab handel to put it on the center stand? I do, but mabey it's just me. My 05's are just bolted on as well
              i grab the passenger foot peg to put it on the center stand. mine are bolted on too its the next thing i want to change when i get around to it. does the rear plastics have to come off to get to the bolts or can it be done with plastics all on?
              03 katanika

Comment

dang, apparently i was given the wrong info before lol. I'm rippin those things off tuesday then

Comment

Yup, unbolt those suckers...then you'll be set up.

Comment

i'm gonna hold off on any other mods, was gonna do the jets but i told the GF the other day to "pick" a bike if she had all the money and skill needed and she picked the Busa so ya never know, i may be rollin 1300 avenue soon

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
                      Originally posted by KatanaBadass
                      i grab the passenger foot peg to put it on the center stand. mine are bolted on too its the next thing i want to change when i get around to it. does the rear plastics have to come off to get to the bolts or can it be done with plastics all on?
                      You maybe able to pop the side panels out enough to get at the bolts.
                      Bike is sold

Comment

I use those bars to quickly mount and unmount my saddle bags. I'd be lost without them.
                        MikeG
                        Central Oregon
                        2006 Suzuki GSX600F
                        (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

Working...
                        X