Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Best brand/price/location to buy speedscreen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best brand/price/location to buy speedscreen?

Had my Katana sitting in my apartment's parking lot and the SpeedScreen, body panel just above the headlight and the seat were stolen. To make a long story short, I decided to wheel the thing into my apartment and repaint the whole thing (on my decK) to give it a new look (thanks SweetLou for the tips!). That's almost all done...now I need a new speedscreen.

What is the best brand? What's a good price and where do I go to find that brand/price combination? Thanks in advance!

You can find them at www.ronayers.com I got a memphis shades one from them for cheap. www.kneedraggers.com www.187rideeasy.com Ebay.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

seems like an odd assortment of things to steal. how did they get the seat off?

Comment

They jammed a screwdriver in the lock and jimmy'ed it. Need a new one of those too. I think that in part they were going after the screws around the windscreen and the seat, because the windscreen was actually cracked so it wasn't of much value. It was sort of welcome though, I had that crappy 98 purple that turns pink after a few years, now it's a pretty slick GunMetal Gray/Black combo. Have the Fender, grab bar and belly fairing's black, everything else gray. I like it so far but it does look a bit scarce without any markings on it...no Suzuki, no Katana.... I might add something but am not sure what.

Thanks for the info on the link, I'll give those a look. Has anyone else had any experience with these brands? Do they scratch easily? Fit well?

Comment

Sux that your stuff got stolen, but glad to hear that the paint job went well.

Haven't heard much about the Memphis Shades on the post 98 kats, but if they work well on the pre's, then I am sure they will be just fine.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
          X