X

Post Kat 170 Tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Kat 170 Tire

Is there anyone here running a 170/60R17 tire on a stock Post 98+ Wheel ? I'm really interested in going with a wider tire since they'll need to be replaced soon.

The search function works. Yes, very common size to use.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      The search function works. Yes, very common size to use.
      I searched before posting this but all I could find was old post saying it wouldn't fit

Does the tire have to be brand specific. I'm looking at some Continental Conti-Motion radial tires

Comment

You need to check with the manufacturer for recommended rim width. Conti-motions is a good tire but, a way better tire would be Michelin pr series, maga mileage and great grip
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Try using the Google site search function instead of the other one. The Google one works way better. There are posts that specify what 170s fit, but I believe there are only a couple.

I don't know if the Michelin PR series fits in a 170, I know it does in 160. And they are amazing. Grip = excellent, and last a long time.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
            Try using the Google site search function instead of the other one. The Google one works way better. There are posts that specify what 170s fit, but I believe there are only a couple.

I don't know if the Michelin PR series fits in a 170, I know it does in 160. And they are amazing. Grip = excellent, and last a long time.
            Still searching now and I've found post of people mentioning running 170s but no post that say what the exact tire is.

Comment

I have bridgestone battlax sport touring 170/60; works for me

Comment

Working...
              X