X

New bearings and now rubbing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bearings and now rubbing

Ok guru's. Just changed the 3 rear wheel bearings and now the bolts that hold the sprocket on are now rubbing the swing arm. Didn't used to rub. It's all back the way it came off. I've taken the wheel off number of times and can't figure it out. The bearings are all the way in, all spacers are correct and in place. I don't freaking know what's up. Included a pic

there is a flat spacer that goes on the left side that seems to be missing. it is about 1cm wide
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I have the round one inside the oil seal, if that's what your taking about. I looked at bike bandit diagram and everything they show I have on there. Kind of confusing. I'll have to take it apart again and do it all over and see if anything changes.

Comment

could your wheel be out of alignment? my bolts rubbed on the swingarm when I first got it. the PO had the tire in crooked.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
          could your wheel be out of alignment?
          +1
          that is what it looks like to me in that pic.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

No it was all fine. I took the sprocket hub bearing back out and compared it to the old one. It's the wrong one. Go figure. I didn't check Em before I put Em in. The new one is thinner causing it to squeeze the swing arm together closer. Lesson learned. Always check and compare and make sure new parts are the same. Going tomorrow to get the right one. Thanks for the comments guys. I seriously thought I did something wrong or stupid but I didn't. Haha!

Comment

good to hear you got it figured out

Comment

It's all back together and rolls better. Seems like it takes less effort to get er rolling now. Always check the box to make sure you got the right part. Someone put wrong bearing in correct box. It happens!

Comment

Working...
                X