X

Ohayo Gozimasu, guys!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohayo Gozimasu, guys!!!

Been a little while since I posted. Things out here in Nippon are still going well. My leg is way better now. Still gets a bit sore from time to time, and I can't run yet, but otherwise, all is well.

Just thought I'd give some feedback on the tires I've run out here. They are as follows:
    R6 - Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs. Ran through 1.5 sets in 4.5 months.
    Bandit 750 - Conti Road Attack 2. Only put 3000k on them, and sold the bike.
    GSXR 1000 - Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs (ran through 1 set in 2 months) and Michelin Pilot Power 3s (ran through a set in 3 months).
    I have no complaints about any of them in wet or dry conditions. They have a very short life out here, due to the coral based asphalt. I'm averaging about 4000 kilometers per set. I ride very aggressively a few times a week, and in addition to the coral topped roads, the heat cycling in my tires is baking them to shit, fast.
    The PP3s last a little longer than the 2CTs did. Better compounds.
    I'm riding very differently now, than I did before. I've been getting coached by some guys (local pro racers) and American amateur racers (Star school, Cali Super Bike school, Fast school, Pridmore trained guys), resulting in my becoming a much more skilled rider.
    When I think back to how I rode before (back in the states on my Kat, and here before I met these guys), I'm appalled at how stupid/dangerous/cocky I was.

Anyway...how are all of you doing? It's rainy season here now, so I'm only getting out to ride a couple times a week, at present. But, it'll be back to normal in a few weeks.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

good morning to you. good to hear you're doing well.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Hey Scout! Whut it doooo?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Hey y'all. To answer you in a word, Dan...

Sugoi!
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
        X