Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 4.5 Rim swap

Alright, so I have an 01 750 Kat.
    I hate the spoke pattern on my wheels, but I'm not trying to move wider,
    I'd rather get something that fits the same and just have better looking wheels. Do the Ninja 650R wheels fit? I l've been trying to research it, but every forum is blocked in AFG (Thank God KR isn't). If not, what axle size wheel from another bike will fit the same with no modification?

Originally posted by Dunpeal View Post
    Alright, so I have an 01 750 Kat.
    I hate the spoke pattern on my wheels, but I'm not trying to move wider,
    I'd rather get something that fits the same and just have better looking wheels. Do the Ninja 650R wheels fit? I l've been trying to research it, but every forum is blocked in AFG (Thank God KR isn't). If not, what axle size wheel from another bike will fit the same with no modification?

My experience... stick with Suzuki wheels for the easiest swap options.

The new Gladius wheels can be made to work on your bike fairly simply. I would suggest you modify/swap the braking system in the rear though. Will clean up the look a lot. With the exception of a bracket that is manufactured and welded to the swingarm, that wheel swap would be mostly swapping parts.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Cool, thanks bro.
      I'll start looking into it. I need to look at the Gladius and see whats going on over there.
      Once again I appreciate the help, you're always lightning fast in your responses lol, and you never criticize my nubness . I'll make sure I start asking questions like "Can I make my Kat go 180mph with a 180 rear tire for under a grand?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dunpeal View Post
        Cool, thanks bro.
        I'll start looking into it. I need to look at the Gladius and see whats going on over there.
        Once again I appreciate the help, you're always lightning fast in your responses lol, and you never criticize my nubness . I'll make sure I start asking questions like "Can I make my Kat go 180mph with a 180 rear tire for under a grand?"

That's easy....

Purchase...

Attach to bike and ....

then hold the f@#k on.

Krey
        Last edited by Kreylyn; 02-25-2014, 09:37 AM.
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

when I see classic cars done like that, I cringe. cool but the value lost is a shame. don,t get me wrong, I would definitely get some tickets and or jail time with it, all with a big shit eating grin.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

LMAO. I almost dropped a load in my pants when I saw that. Thanks for the laugh Krey.
            And 92x, I would too. I can't count how many times I've been in friends Fastbacks, Novas and Camaros when the sirens start blaring.

Comment

Working...
            X