No announcement yet.
X

good tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avon's on both of our bikes. GREAT traction on dry and wet roads including those with standing water in a downpour. I have about 6000 miles on mine and hubby has about 5000 on his.

Comment

Metzeler Z8 Comparisons?

So far I've only used Metzeler; z8 currently. I've loved them and had absolutely no problem, but I've recently found that I'm doing way more highway commuting and I'm now getting the flat spot in the middle of the tires. I've loved that I get great traction and can take turns as sharp as I dare (even scraped the side of my boots a couple times! ) and would like a tire that will still let me do the twisties every once in a while, ride with confidence on the occasion I get stuck in the rain, and better life for straight highway commuting. Is this possible :/ ?

I've heard great things about the PR3s, PR2s, and other dual compounds (although I thought the z8s were designed to have the same effect as the dual compunds), but what's your opinion on the best multi-purpose street tire mostly for commuting with rare/occasional twisties and rain?

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
        for tearin up twisties ,pilot power 2ct,
        or super corsa sp

u wont get much life but grip and handling is amazing

unless the previous owner of your bike decides to put a tire on it that is 3 sizes above stock size which is my case.
        99 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
        X