Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New wheels for my TLR! Merry Christmas to me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, if you have/want to paint them, do it in flat black!
    PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I love gold...they'd look even better if you had a black or any other dark shaded monotone bike. On your current color scheme they might be too busy.
      Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        Q: What's the weight difference between those and the stock wheels?

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        I don't have them in my hands yet, they should ship Monday. However, from what I've read about these wheels, my best semi-educated guess would be a 30-40% weight loss.
        I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Very nice.
          Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
            Very nice.
            start saving...they would look great on your bike!

Comment

There was a stack of boxes on my porch when I got home from work yesterday...

In only 2 days, the Dymag Magnesium wheels I bought from raleigh5 had arrived from California. (those are brand new Pirelli Diablos they're sitting on, btw. An early Christmas gift from my parents)

Can you say, "BLING!!!"

I threw the new wheels and the stockers into the truck and went to the post office to see just how much weight I'm saving.

First the front wheels. This is the wheels only, no brake disks:

Stock: 10 pounds, 5 ounces

Dymag: 7 pounds 10.5 ounces

Front wheel weight savings: 2 pounds, 10.5 ounces--approx. 26% reduction

Rear wheels next. These weights are for the wheels, spacers, cush drives and 40t 530 aluminum sprockets.

Stock: 18 pounds, 14 ounces

Dymag: 14 pounds, 0.5 ounces

Rear wheel savings: 4 pounds, 13.5 ounces

Total savings: 7 pounds, 8 ounces--approx. 26% reduction

Now I need to decide if I want to keep my 530 chain or convert to a 520.

Too bad it's 30 degrees here and my bike is torn apart for it's yearly cleaning and maintanace (valve check, TB sync, etc). It will be awhile before I get to ride the beast with the new wheels.

Comment

Nice....I like!
                Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Let them gold! LOL!
                  PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Nice wheels. The first time I picked up a Dynamag race wheel for a F2000 car I could not believe the difference. You should really be able to feel a 26% reduced in unsprung rotational mass.

BTW do you know what type of finish is on them now? Be careful about sanding/striping/polishing them. Magnesium corrodes like there is no tomorrow.

Comment

Ok man....get them mounted!!!!

Comment

Those are sick. I wish I could afford some nice Mag. 5 spoke. I just can justify is though.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                          Nice wheels. The first time I picked up a Dynamag race wheel for a F2000 car I could not believe the difference. You should really be able to feel a 26% reduced in unsprung rotational mass.

BTW do you know what type of finish is on them now? Be careful about sanding/striping/polishing them. Magnesium corrodes like there is no tomorrow.
                          They're powdercoated. I have a decent amount of experience with Mag. parts. Don't worry, I have no intentions of polishing these.

Comment

They would look MUCH better on MY yella bike....!
                            Remember, Christmas is for GIVING!

Comment

Need my address?

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson
                                Need my address?
                                Not required, I like them right where they are... 8)

Comment

Working...
                                X