X

93 Kat rear rim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Kat rear rim

So after some reading, I found that the 02-06 katana rims are interchangeable, my question is, is there anything I have to do to get the new rim to fit? And is 160 essentially the back tire I want for it? Also does it matter if its a gsxF or a gsxR rim?
    Thanks guys
    1993 Suzuki Katana Gsx600f
    1982 Kawasaki KZ305 Csr Stock 8200 miles

Originally posted by Jg91694 View Post
    So after some reading, I found that the 02-06 katana rims are interchangeable, my question is, is there anything I have to do to get the new rim to fit? And is 160 essentially the back tire I want for it? Also does it matter if its a gsxF or a gsxR rim?
    Thanks guys

98-06 katana rear rims... actually. Katana are gsx-F. Gsxr are entirely different bikes and have wider rims.

There are variables that need to be taken into consideration but generally speaking... yes, you can put the 98-06 katana rear rim on a pre kat with minimal work, fitting a 160mm tire as the max width. It will be a tight fit, but it can work. This is much easier and more clearance on a 750 swingarm vs the pre 600 swingarm. The 600 swingarm I highly recommend you do some additional clearance modifcations to make this work.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X