tire pressure on bridgestone tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire pressure on bridgestone tires

Hi just bought a 98 katana 750. It has bridgestone battlax sport touring

bt-023 tires front & rear.Wondering the correct tire pressure for both tires

for a 190 lbs. rider?

Bought the bike from the widow of the ex owner so she didn't know.

Thanks in advance.

S.Pilot
    76 rd400c
    81 gs400e
    84 nighthawk 750
    98 katana 750

Front 33 and rear 36. I don't think tire pressure matters with your weight.

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki99 View Post
      Front 33 and rear 36. I don't think tire pressure matters with your weight.
      Um yes it does...everything that exerts force on that tire is a factor in how much pressure to run.

I like 34/32 on my Diablo Rossos.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Um yes it does...everything that exerts force on that tire is a factor in how much pressure to run.

I like 34/32 on my Diablo Rossos.
        hmm , interesting! how do your Diablo's compare to the bridgestones? Are they made with softer compound?

Comment

the basic recommended tire pressure is on the neck of the frame between the tank an handle bars. Different manufacturers will suggest different psi but it comes down to you and what your comfortable with. Start with recommended an go from there unless you can find more info about your tire specific psi
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

The guideline for tire pressure is right on the bike and you can play with it a bit to person feel

I had Bridgestones on my 04 and they wore like crap IMO
            Most of my riding is high speed slab
            Dont expect a long life out of them IMO

I had put a Continental on the rear and was very impressed with the wear

My Bandit is sporting Michelen Pilot II
            They were on the bike when I bought it and have made it threw 2 seasons already and thats probably the longest I have ever got out of tires
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Thanks guys.You are right for the data plate on bike's neck all the info is there.

33 lbs. front and 36 lbs. rear and i'll go from there for adjustements if needed.

S.Pilot

Thanks guys! You're right there is a data plate on the bike's neck with all the info

needed: 33 lbs. front and 36 lbs rear.I'll start from there and adjust if needed.

S.Pilot
              Last edited by griffon412; 04-26-2013, 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              76 rd400c
              81 gs400e
              84 nighthawk 750
              98 katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                The guideline for tire pressure is right on the bike and you can play with it a bit to person feel

I had Bridgestones on my 04 and they wore like crap IMO
                Most of my riding is high speed slab
                Dont expect a long life out of them IMO

I had put a Continental on the rear and was very impressed with the wear

My Bandit is sporting Michelen Pilot II
                They were on the bike when I bought it and have made it threw 2 seasons already and thats probably the longest I have ever got out of tires
                Good to know. what mileage would you say you got out of your Continentals??

Comment

Recc. on the bike are based on stock tires. Every tire is different, call the manuf and ask their recc.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki99 View Post
                    Good to know. what mileage would you say you got out of your Continentals??
                    I sold that bike before I got a chance to wear them out
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Also keep in mind these bikes usually came with bias ply tires that use lower tire pressures then radial tires. In 98 my bike came with BT-045 bias ply tires.

A radial tire like the BT-021 or BT-023 can and should run 38-42 psi and still last longer and provide more grip (ie dual compound tires) then a bias ply at 36 psi. A radial is stronger and runs cooler then bias ply and keeps its shape and profile much better

For touring I would run a radial no lower then 38 psi, for two up 42 psi.
                      For agressive street riding 34-36 psi
                      For track 28-32

Rememeber running a lower tire pressure will greatly reduce the tire life. It will also cost you traction if the tire is not HOT enough. 95% of street riding will not get a tire hot enough to warrent the lower pressures.

Im currently running Pirelli Supercorsa Dragon Pro on the rear and super corsa sp up front
                      I run them at 40/42 psi thru the week and 34/36 on the weekends when Im going to go play, unless your tires look like mine, you dont need to mess with your pressure
                      Last edited by hardlydangerous; 04-29-2013, 05:52 PM.
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                      X