X

240 Big Wheel Swingarm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240 Big Wheel Swingarm

has anyone which to 240 Big Wheel Swingarm as I would like to change style on 2003 bike thx

??
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

W

t

f

???????????????????
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

looks like a bad case of auto spelling correct.

Using my Captain Planet decoder ring I get this:

"Has anyone switched to a 240 Wheel and Swing arm? I'm considering this as I would like to change the look of 2003 bike. thx"
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I've only seen 1 bike posted that did something like this. 99% of people just don't follow through on putting a $4-6K mod on a bike worth aprox $2k.

The $4k version uses a single chain setup so the rear wheel is offset to the right by a couple of inches. This is the one that I've seen posted here.

The $6k version uses a secondary drive shaft on the swingarm allowing for a dual chain offset setup so the wheel can be centered (the right way to do it in my opinion).

If you really want to do it, just do a search for anyone making custom swingarms for the busa or GSXR for the 240+ wheels and contact them. It should be fairly simple for them to convert for putting one of those arms on a Kat.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              I've only seen 1 bike posted that did something like this. 99% of people just don't follow through on putting a $4-6K mod on a bike worth aprox $2k.

The $4k version uses a single chain setup so the rear wheel is offset to the right by a couple of inches. This is the one that I've seen posted here.

The $6k version uses a secondary drive shaft on the swingarm allowing for a dual chain offset setup so the wheel can be centered (the right way to do it in my opinion).

If you really want to do it, just do a search for anyone making custom swingarms for the busa or GSXR for the 240+ wheels and contact them. It should be fairly simple for them to convert for putting one of those arms on a Kat.

Krey
              exactly. not to mention it makes the bike a total pile to ride. been there done that. went 6 over a couple years back, lasted two weeks on the bike. hated it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Mcintosh swingarms.
                Like kreylyn said, keep the wheel centered for sure.Bet the bike in the link rides real funky with the wheel offset so much.
                Jackshaft style swingarm is what you're looking for.
                Not cheap but what is.

Comment

Working...
                X