X

Pirelli Super Corsas? Opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirelli Super Corsas? Opinions?

Ok so this guy I know is offering to sell me a pair of track take offs (1/4 of a day) for my 03 Kat for $200. Mounted and balanced etc. I really don't want something that soft but I'm curious how my bike will handle w the softer compound. Opinions....? GO!

The tires are outstanding !!! Candian superbike and many other race events use the Super corsa in the superbike championships. Its a DOT race/track tire.

Ive run the 120/70-17 on the front a few times. grip is insane but wear pretty quickly. I normlly run a hypersport tire on my Kat and it will run circules around a Kat with harder sport touring tires. like any track tire they pull u into turns, the tires want to follow any inperfection in the road so be aware of this. On hard heavy lean angles you need to throttle out of the lean, otherwise the bike will want to stay turning. Once you get use to it its amazing what this bike can do with good rubber and suspension. set up

but they only make 1 size for our bikes a 160. a 180 wont fit your rim it will handle like shit.

$200 is WAY too much for scrubs. I pay $75
    Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-25-2013, 09:20 AM.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

+2

$200 is way to much to pay for someone elses toss aways.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

They dont make those in katana sizes. And like hd said, way too much for takeoffs.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

$75 for a set? Or each? I figured it was too much. My issue is most of my riding is 85% commuting and 15% fun aggressive riding and it seems like it would be a waste. I'm leaning toward PR2s or BT023. And I already know how some of u feel about the battlax line haha. I had a set on another bike and liked them for the most part. Just wanna try something new...

Comment

They Make them In 160/60-17 , 180 1nd 190.
            Not to many racers will be running a 160 so make sure that is what it is before you buy. OR buy them anyway use the front and sell the back if its a 180 or 190 and recoup some of your losses. Thats usually what I do. I keep them for emergecy spares in my shop. You will be surprized how many people are on road trips and realize thier tire is pooched and wont make the rest of the trip

I pay $75 -$100 for a set !!! Canadian right at Mosport track during bike races.
            keep in mind these are sponsored tires, they get them for peanuts and most racers have dozens of scrubs layin around

keep in mind scrubs look ok but are well worn. they wont last long.
            the Super Corsa tires are by far the choise for DOT race tires
            Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-25-2013, 11:29 PM.
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
            X