X

Tyre isn't turning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre isn't turning

Seems like an easy fix, but we just replaced the friction plates, the sprockets and the chain. After putting everything back together the bike fires up as usual but currently doesn't spin when in neutral or when throttle is apllied. Not sure if I torqued the nut for the front sprocket on too hard (I went with 115 on the torque wrench). Not sure if that is what is causing the front sprocket to not turn. Anybody have hints or tips concerning what the problem could be?

Originally posted by judstirber View Post
    Seems like an easy fix, but we just replaced the friction plates, the sprockets and the chain. After putting everything back together the bike fires up as usual but currently doesn't spin when in neutral or when throttle is apllied. Not sure if I torqued the nut for the front sprocket on too hard (I went with 115 on the torque wrench). Not sure if that is what is causing the front sprocket to not turn. Anybody have hints or tips concerning what the problem could be?

The clutch isn't engaging.

Either it's not adjusted correctly or the instal for the plates went wrong. Double check you put all the pates in properly.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Before we took apart the clutch we were having issues getting the bike into neutral. Could it be the clutch lever isn't tightened? Do you have to offset the friction plates for the last two plates? I got a pack of EBC friction plates, so we took the the thickest plate and placed it behind the seal and placed all of the friction plates in order without offsetting any of them. I know that a gsx-f differs from a gixxer, but are the friction plates supposed to be offset?

Comment

Working...
      X