X

Tire Pressure Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no kidding but not after 2000k.

It takes me a single ride to scrub in new tires. I usually tear up the super slab to Muskoka twisties . 400+ km just to get to my riding area. By then Im ready to ride as hard as I want. HEAT is what geats the mold release out of the tire. Even just around home here I have a few wicked on ramps and round-abouts to play on.
    Anone that has seen the pics of my tires knows i dont ride easy. I wear out the sides before the center.

Anyone that would even think about putting the Z6 tires in the same class as the Michelin PR2 or Road attack let alone any Michelin, Pirelli, Contior Dunlop sport radial is crazy and like I said... never really rode much or tried anything else.
    If you like the Z6 the Michelin Pilot Active is about the same compound but better quality.
    if you like the performance of the z6 you will think you have died and gone to heaven on a set of PR2 or PP or Conti Road attacks or even the Shinko Apex.
    I just got back from the Dragon with the Shinkos. The didn't last long with my riding style but holy sweet phuck do they hook up. I left more then a few SS bikes behind.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I use the 10% rule. I measure the tire before and after a 1 hour ride. If the pressure is more than 10%. I increase the tire pressure. Too much tire surface in contact with the road has created more heat and higher pressure. Less than 10%. Lower the tire pressure. Not enough tire surface in contact with the road to create heat and the proper tire pressure.
      But then I'm sadly not running radials like most or you.
      Old Age and Treachery Will Beat Youth and Skill Every Time

Comment

Working...
      X