X

96 kat600 will this tire fit? need help asap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 kat600 will this tire fit? need help asap

Hey guys, I ran over a nail today and now I got to change rear tire. I have a dunlop140/80zr17 that came with my kat but pre ower said it wouldnt fit without extended swingarm but I read that size would work somewhere on the net, you guys know your stuff and I got so much great needed info from kr. Im broker than the 10 comandments so that would be awesome if it would work. Im using mobile phone and it wont let me seach on this site, thanks

1.) Check the date code on that tire, I bet its almost as old as I am.

2.) Extend the swingarm to fit the factory size tire? Who is this genius giving advice?

3.) 150/70...done...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

When I bought the bike off the genius he threw in all kinds of stuff this tire happens to be part of stuff, im going to give u some numbers off tire not sure what is date code is000127,54692, dk72, 43001, 69w, e4 75r 000127, d205, any of those mean anything as far as date. Thanks

Comment

There should be a four digit number after the letters DOT. That specifies what week of what year.

D205 specifies the model number, I would be hesitant to use that tire even as a tire swing let alone on a motorcycle.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
        X