Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chain and sprocket help!

hey guys,
    yet another chain and sprocket thread..
    so ive been reading through some threads and i am looking at a complete steel sprocket and chain kit with OEM 530 x118 oring drive chain. the recomended sprockets are a 15t front sprocket with a 47t rear sprocket.

this setup is for a pre 750 kat. basically i want to know if you guys ride different ratios and what kind of wear and tear different options cause.

also my bike was wrecked when i bought it and the subframe is slightly bent to the left. as far as i know the frame is aluminum and i cannot fix it so i am wondering if top endratio would last longer.

also i need a new rear disc rotor.. if anyone has one in good condition please let me know.

also, also, the sprocket is jt
    Last edited by scrappy_canotuna; 04-28-2012, 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Frame is tube steel dood.....why do you think the Kats weigh in at over 500 lbs??

If you ride on the highways at all, stick with stock gearing.

Comment

Aluminum frame

Stick with stock gearing, or maybe going up 2 on the back if you do any slab riding over 70mph.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i run 14/48 on my pre 750, aluminum rear sprocket and 520 chain, the rpm's go up a grand for the same speed/gear as stoke. i like it tho. i dont do much highway and when i do i dont notice much of a differance in fuel economy.. as far as wear and tear ive only run that ratio for a few months so far

the frame is steel. heavy, painted tube steel.
        if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

hey is anybody running a 520 chain? what is your tooth count on your sprockets?

Comment

Originally posted by scrappy_canotuna View Post
            hey is anybody running a 520 chain? what is your tooth count on your sprockets?
            Look up one post....

http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
              Look up one post....

+1
              if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

im sorry let me elaborate, i want to keep a stock ratio but convert to a 520 or a 530 pitch

Comment

530 is stock for all Katanas' Yes you can go to a 520 if you want.

I've supplied a few sets of 520 sprockets for members here.. see the KR store
                  http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                  http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                  '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                  "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                  "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
                  X