X

Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20

According to press, they have superior wet weather handling - perfect for when I inevitably get stuck in a sunshine state downpour. I haven't seen anyone sany anything about them on here except in one thread where someone mentioned that they don't like Bridgestone "except the hypersport."

$205 shipped, with a 120/70-ZR17 and a 160/60-ZR17 (They didn't have the 150/70). Oh yeah, going up a size on the back. Yeehaw. Dancing bacon.
    2006 Katana GSX750F

battlecraps are the worst tires I have ever had and will NEVER buy them ever, period. If I buy a new bike and it came with new stones, id take them off immediately. With that said... good luck with them, I wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
      battlecraps are the worst tires I have ever had and will NEVER buy them ever, period. If I buy a new bike and it came with new stones, id take them off immediately. With that said... good luck with them, I wish you the best.
      Yours is the first negative I've seen about them on here. My girl put them on her XJ600 and she's pleased.
      2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

Michelin Pilot Road 2's are the way to go, just bought a set and love them...
        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Well I hope I just had a bad experience. As I said, good luck to you.

p.s. next time check out...

Purchase Motorcycle Tires from SportbikeTrackGear.com. Get the lowest price, free shipping deal, easy exchanges and no restocking fees - Guaranteed!

or

Comment

Most of the track reviews I've read so far about the S20 say they are far superior the old BT-016's (I can't remember if the gf has 016's or 023's). I'm confident in the tire, the new tread compound that they're using, etc. I can't find anyone who's reviewed them in America yet 'cuz they just came out this year, but I think the European folk have driven the point home for me.

If I really, really don't like them... then on to the Pilot's and a $200 learning experience. Of course, I'm sure someone will inevitably say a more painful more expensive and potentially more lethal learning experience if I wreck, so inb4 that.
            2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

I won't ever run another Bridgestone. Jus sayin.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                I won't ever run another Bridgestone. Jus sayin.
                You couldnt PAY me to run another Bridgestone.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Point taken.

Order upgraded to the PR2's for an extra 50 bucks, and I'm done hunting for deals on tires.
                  2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

As a hint, a set of tires labeled "Hypersport" for $200 would usually be a pretty big red flag.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

battlax get the bad rep because people use the cheap bias and hardest touring compounds out there.

BT-016 and BT003 are outstanding tires.
                      Bt-023/21 were decent touring tires but people still buy the cheapest battlax and then complain.
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                        battlax get the bad rep because people use the cheap bias and hardest touring compounds out there.

Bt-023/21 were decent touring tires but people still buy the cheapest battlax and then complain.

Lots of other brands out there that have "cheap" versions of tires that have never been the death trap that Battlaxes have been...

Jus sayn...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

My bike had a BT-016 rear on it when I bought it. Only two years old, with 2k miles on it, and greasier than all hell.

JUNK.

Comment

well im glad im not the only one haha

Comment

The BT021 is only a decent tire if you enjoy getting milage from a tire but not grip. They were crap in the rain, and interesting on the pavement to say the least.... if you like inspecific feedback and a slippery rear end.

The BT016 was factory equipment on the bandit. Again a marvel of modern engineering that allowed reasonable tire life in exchange for the feel of a tire made out of wet noodles.
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X