X

Chain and Sprocket help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain and Sprocket help!

Hey guys. Time to replace the chain and sprocket. I need to know what is the factory size? every were i go the size always changes.

2nd. I would like to get a little more top end but not sacrifice acceleration

Any ideas? thanks guys

Any gearing changes to increase top end will effect acceleration, there's no avoiding that.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Katriders.com Suzuki Katana Discussion Forums

I would stick with stock IMO
      anything else is going to screw with your speedo
      Unless you want to radically change performance ,I wouldnt bother
      I assume you are planning on changing both sprockets
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Actually, if it's a post 750, going 3 teeth fewer on the rear just about corrects the built-in speedo error.

I'm running 15/42 on the pre and 16/42 on the post - I do a lot of touring. Initial "hole shot" suffers with this combo, but once under way, there is no issue with acceleration as long as you keep in the juicy rpm range - which generally means selecting 1 gear lower than with a standard set-up at the same speed. There is no "0" or even "0.5" gear - hence the slow initial take up. On the flip side, you can hold 1st and 2nd for longer / to higher speeds if you are in a hurry.

Comment

Working...
        X