X

What sprockets with did chain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sprockets with did chain

Hi i brought a did chain but havent brought my sprockets yet are there any that you would recommend? I live in the uk (isle of wight) so would prefer to order from over here. Thank you andy

Originally posted by iowandyiow View Post
    Hi i brought a did chain but havent brought my sprockets yet are there any that you would recommend? I live in the uk (isle of wight) so would prefer to order from over here. Thank you andy

PM GSXFJim for some very nice custom made sprockets at a really good price.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I will pm him later thank you

Comment

or just get some JT frt and parts unlimited rear mail order dennis kirk .

Comment

Anything thats NOT Vortex.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Anything thats NOT Vortex.

Comment

Thanks for your input didnt know if it was best to stick with the same make chain and sprocket or if it was ok to mix and match.

Comment

I don't know that DID makes sprockets. If there is a chain and sprocket kit, it's DID and Vortex. And that's not cool.

Comment

A'right Scotty, what's wrong with Vortex?
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post

The vortex rear aluminum sprockets won't hold up to abuse and lack of maintenance. Skip cleaning/oiling the chain or not have it perfectly in alignment = chain chews it up pretty quick.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I've seen too many riders snap teeth off the rear Al sprockets...catastrophic failure.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

On a Kat?! I'd think you'd have to have the wheel almost sideways before the Kat would put out enough power to do that.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

On a Kat?! I'd think you'd have to have the wheel almost sideways before the Kat would put out enough power to do that.
                          Granted I've only seen them snap on SS because I only really ride around with other SS bikes, but if an f4i can rip 3 consecutive teeth off of a sprocket with 1000 miles on it...it's crap to me.

I put one on the Kat before I sold it, it showed wear after 500 miles.

Comment

I've got one on my 1100. We'll see how it goes.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Do a full throttle full clutch drop launch, I guarantee it rips every tooth off that rear sprocket.

Comment

Working...
                              X