X

Lite spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lite spot

OK. getting reade to mount up my new tires and was looking for the lite spot. On the front it's a big fat red O. On the back, the only marks are a yellow 8 0. I'm assuming thats it. Any one disagree?
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

A red mark is supposed to be matched up to a notch in the wheel indicating the wheel's point of minimum run-out. A yellow mark is supposed to be matched to the heaviest point of the wheel - usually at or near the valve.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Idk if the the light spot is always a red dot or not... but it might help us if we knew which brand of tire at least, and often manufactures state this information on their websites.
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

Sorry for the lack of info. Was in a hurry trying toget the li ones to bed. Tires are conti motions. I'll check the website again but didn't see it listed on there anywhere. I may have just over looked it. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          A red mark is supposed to be matched up to a notch in the wheel indicating the wheel's point of minimum run-out. A yellow mark is supposed to be matched to the heaviest point of the wheel - usually at or near the valve.
          I'm not sure about the red mark, but Bills correct on the yellow mark and the valve stem.

Richard
          96 Suzuki GSX750F
          89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
          05 Yamaha WR450F
          05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Keep in mind, the valve stem isn't always the heaviest point on the rim. it's worth it to give the wheel a spin or two on your balancing jig to locate the true heavy spot.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Michelein tires aren't marked so far as we've ever been able to figure, and in my experience the location of the valve stem has little to do with the location of the heavy spot.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yep. From what i've found online, the conch's aren't marked either.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  Michelein tires aren't marked so far as we've ever been able to figure
                  I use the barcode on the bead. Not sure if it's right or wrong, but I'm consistent.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

LOTS of tires are not marked.

Ive had to mount dozens of tires with the index mark oposite of the valve stem to be better balanced.
                    the index mark marks the lightest area of the tire and should be lined up with the valve... that is if the rim is balanced.

if you want to properly use the index you have to find the heaviest spot on the rim. Its not always the stem
                    Last edited by hardlydangerous; 02-22-2012, 06:26 PM.
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                    X