X

tire brands?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
    I agree I ran Angels on the Fz6. I was not a huge fan.
    also imo a 60 series is too low for a big heavy bike. I ran them for 2 years before I switched back. The 70 have the extra give for a smoother ride.
    2 years sure is a long time to ride on something that you're "not a huge fan" of. The "extra give" of a 70 compared to a 60, although miniscule at best, to gain a "smoother" ride was not my intention of the Angels.

I was shooting for something that would stick the curves better. Not trying to insult you intelligence here and I'm sure you know but, just like a sports car compared to a town car, I am not looking for a smoother ride and am willing to give up a smoother ride for stiffer but better traction in the corners.

Anyways, to each their own. Happy riding.

Comment

I have a pair of Bridgestone battlax bt 016's, a 120/70/17 pro in the front and a 160/60/17 on the rear and I love the way they feel and respond on the twisties. Had bridgestones prior to the bt 016's, a Battlewing 052 rear and a battlax bt023 on the front. Got 10000 miles plus on the pair.

Comment

I like the Pilot Power 2ct front/ Pilot Road 2 combo I've been running on my '05 GSX-R750. I got around 16k miles out of the front before replacing it, around 18k on the rear tire now and finally going to replace that in the next few weeks (still not showing any cord). If I was riding in the rain more often, I would give the PR3's a serious look. I know the PR2 has great wet traction, and from everything I have read, the PR3 is even better.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

Years ago I fell in love with pilot road great millage and wet traction , didn't have any sport buddy's to learn from on lean angle, technic. Guy at tire shop freaked when seen there was no chicken strips went with pilot power bike got stolen 2 weeks later . This bike came with continental contimotions no complaints for every day use but do break traction under hard acceleration when not strait up, today was first twisty day didn't feel confident , do the new roads stick or should I go with sport tires I wanna stay with Michelins

Comment

Fat Jack - PRs still kick ass. Pilot road 4 came out in January, better grip and longer life than PR3. I've run PR2,3, and currently a 4 up front on my Kat - love them. Great life. Great grip. If you've run other PRs and liked them, you'll like the 3 and 4 even more.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Cool thanks !!

Comment

I'm getting PR4s put on next week. There's such broad consensus here that I'm not even bothering to look into other options for tires.

Also taking this opportunity to install right angle valve stems, and I have EBC HH pads on order as well. This Kat will be one grippin' and stoppin' machine!

Comment

Aside from the decent views on the Q2, why is there so much hate for the Dunlops around here? Just wondering.
                  1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Originally posted by gsxkat1100 View Post
                    Aside from the decent views on the Q2, why is there so much hate for the Dunlops around here? Just wondering.

Many years back (the sportmax 1) was a pretty good tire. Then they started new versions of the sport tires and that wasn't as good. Better options from other companies came along, and now...

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by gsxkat1100 View Post
                      Because they suck, poor grip and poor wear in my opinion. I will never run another dumbflop again.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

not to mention it is ancient technology, if it sucked at the time, it sucks big time in 2014
                        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

best tire going is the pr4.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

PR3 wear pics

I have Pilot Road 3's on now. I will be going with PR4's next round.
                            Here are pics at 6,700 miles on my 3's. One thing I have noticed that seems strange are the differences in chicken strips with the stock size tires. Rear tire has no unused portion and the front has significant untouched tread. It seems as though the sizing should show similar wear like the rear is too small or the front is too big. Have others noticed this also?
                            As far as wear goes, this bike is recreational only and sees NO commuting so I am hoping to see less of the flat middle than some would see.
                            The first 3 pics were about 500 miles before now so I just took a couple pics at 7,100 miles. End of life is coming. Also getting some interesting handling. As you can see the tires are showing some miles and memories. You can see 3 flatter areas on the tires with less wear in the transition areas.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by rschlegel; 06-27-2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

what size is that rear tire ?
                              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                                what size is that rear tire ?
                                150/70-17

Comment

Working...
                                X