X

Need info on Coats 220 Tire Changer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on Coats 220 Tire Changer

Looking at a used Coats 220 tire chager listed for $350.
    Has anyone used one of these before or heard of them?
    Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ed
    Attached Files
    http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

used many tire machines but never that model
    sigpic

Comment

They work fine. Just make sure all the pieces are there I don't see the big bar that you use to mount and dismount the tires but I am on my phone so I could be misstaken

Comment

here is a link to their web site
        BTW that is the brand sold by Napa Canada
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

big bar is behind the machine
          sigpic

Comment

I'm familiar with them, but I much prefer my Cycle Hill, and I like the NoMar units over the Cycle Hill.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Im not a fan. but if its for personal use it will do the job.

The Coats I used had to have pullys, rotors and sprocket hubs removed in most cases. Not much clearance. More of a car tire changer imo. also beware the bead breaker will scratch the wheels if and when it slips.

Its a lil more work with the nomar changers, but a lot more reliable and easier on rims.

My latest changer is the cycle hill. The actual NOMAR changer is higher quality/stronger but the cycle hill is more compact, takes up less floor space, and does everything just as well (or better)
              I prefer the cycle hill changer because I dont have to swap clamps for breaking the beads. and it comes with the rim clamps, not the dog blocks . Also my nomar changer could not do ATV or trailer tires smaller then 10" The cycle hill does 7" rims.

I change aprox 200-300 tires a year and have no use for anything better.
              the accessories I use are tall clamp spools, yellow thing, scratch proof bead beaker, rim shields, and 16" spoon bars. A static balancer for balancing. (proven to be way more accurate then the dynamic balancers in the regions big bike shops)
              Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-25-2012, 11:43 PM.
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                My latest changer is the cycle hill.
                Did you get the get the latest with the Titen HD anchors, or the older style wedge anchors? I keep loosening up the wedge anchors, and I'm tempted to go over to the Titen setup.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

The Titen HD anchors .
                  its never come loose

my old nomar had the wedge type and was for ever coming loose.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback. Turns out it is missing a few clamps so I had to pass on it.
                    http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                      The Titen HD anchors .
                      its never come loose

my old nomar had the wedge type and was for ever coming loose.
                      Cool, I'll have to get some of the new anchors. Seems like I'm cranking down on the bolts about every 6th tire.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet

Comment

Working...
                      X