Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Conti Motion, initial thoughts (on the Connie.)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conti Motion, initial thoughts (on the Connie.)

Just mounted the rear up this morning, and did my usual ride to work. Well, in just the scrub in ride, (were I'm taking it pretty easy and leaving plenty in reserve,) I managed to scrub from one corner to the other. To put things in perspective, on all the other tires I've run (PR2, PR3, BT021, and Angel ST), I'm dragging pegs and still leaving 1-2mm of untouched rubber.

The release compound is about the slickest I felt, but it did seem to come off fairly quickly. The actually rubber, once scrubbed in, feels ok. Tread profile is fairly flat leading to a bit of a muted handling feel.

Front will go on when I get home from work tonight.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

I was pleased with my conti motions
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I prefered the conti road atacks but for the price the conti motions are amazing tires.

not as agressive profile as the RA's and a harder compound but i had not issues putting my bike thru its brutal paces this fall.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Since he's already wore these ones out in under 2K I'm guessing he won't be getting these again.
        Kyle

Comment

Yup, less than 1700 to the wear bars, less than 2k to smooth. Waste on the Connie. They spent more time on the UPS truck than they did on my bike.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
            Since he's already wore these ones out in under 2K I'm guessing he won't be getting these again.
            due to availability issue I went with a 170/60-17 on rear[made for 4.5" wheel] and got about 2.5K. the 160/60-17 I followed up with I got about 6K. why the difference I don't know. currently I have PR3s and I think I like the feel of the motions better.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
              Yup ... They spent more time on the UPS truck than they did on my bike.
              Funny when written ... probably not funny on wallet and time though!

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                due to availability issue I went with a 170/60-17 on rear[made for 4.5" wheel] and got about 2.5K. the 160/60-17 I followed up with I got about 6K. why the difference I don't know. currently I have PR3s and I think I like the feel of the motions better.
                The difference is because the tire profile changes, holds in more heat because the tire is too big for the rim despite what Conti says.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                X