X

new Michelin Pilot Road 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Michelin Pilot Road 2

I've only got about 200 clicks on the new rubber (damn I like riding on new tires) so long term impressions will have to hold off for a while.

Initially I found the tires a bit more harsh over small bumps (yes correct tire pressures) and grip is fine although I did drift the back end a bit from dead stop pulling into traffic (the weather has been a bit cool lately so not conducive to aggressive riding).

One thing I hadn't noticed was that my old front tire was significantly flat spotted... The rear tire was obviously toast.
    Attached Files
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
    1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
    1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
    1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Nice...I priced some yesterday out of curiosity...P3's...a little more $ than the P2's, +1.5hr labor at 75$/hr. The rep was pushing the Bridgestone BT-23's. Mine are original the Dunlops...time to change.
    2004 GSX750F

Comment

I haven't yet priced out the PRIII's, but the PRII's (16K+) have been impressive in handling and durability. I will be definitely looking at the
      PRIII's for their supposed enhanced wet weather handling.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I have a pr3 on the front and a pr2 on the rear. I have to say for the Kat they seem to be a great tire. Grip well,last well. My only gripe is that the pr3's look terrible hahahaha and their profile could be a little more triangular to aid in steering

Comment

Hey BareKat.
          Do have pics and info on ur risers?
          I'm looking, but can't find any.
          appreciate any help.
          Thanks
          sigpicWHEN IN DOUBT, CLOSE YOUR EYES AND WISH "IT" AWAY.

Comment

Spiegler had a riser kit available but I had my own made by a local guy.

It is designed to work with the post 750 mounting points and works with standard 7/8" bars.

I had to reroute the clutch cable and install a longer front brake line.

More info here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...t=riser&page=3 then new bars here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ighlight=riser

Originally posted by dago311 View Post
            Hey BareKat.
            Do have pics and info on ur risers?
            I'm looking, but can't find any.
            appreciate any help.
            Thanks
            Last edited by BareKat; 10-09-2011, 09:15 AM.
            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Working...
            X