X

97 suzuki sprocket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonDeere View Post
    Why is a katana and a wheelie a bad idea?
    You have to ask? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Lower hp and torque engine vs total weight, heavier steel frame, relaxed geometry, longer wheelbase, lower quality and performing suspension all = one of the worst bikes to choose to stunt on.

It just isn't a good bike for that. Ligher framed bikes with better suspensions can take the abuse a lot better. Lighter frames with more hp/torque output means easier to bring up. Larger rear wheels for more grip and less spin on the sudden drop of power to bring it up.

Kats tend to blow out the fork seals real quick on a hard landing. If your up and keep going, you can drop it easy... if your in a parking lot, your gonna drop it hard. And it won't take long for those seals to go.

Kats are touring bikes... while it's not impossible to do wheelies on, and other things... (I've seen people wheelie goldwings... ) it's just a really poor choice for repetative stunting, and definately not a good bike to learn that on.

Krey

Excellent post Tim. Should be in the newbie thread for sure.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

alright, thanks. i want to learn to stunt riding, guess ill look into getting a new bike along with my kat, a gsxr of some kind to stunt on
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X