X

Metzeler sportec M3 any good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metzeler sportec M3 any good?

I found these tires, looks like a good deal, has anyone used them before?

1991 GSX600F
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo

They aren't horrible, but they have been largely replaced by the M5 in Metz's lineup. The consensus is the current go to sport tires are the Dunlop Q2 and the Mich Pilot Power (both variations.)

Not knowing your current riding level or experience, I would suggest that you would be better served by a set of sport touring tires, which will last longer and offer at least as much grip as you will be able to use. My personaly favorites in this category are the Michelin Pilot Road 2 and the Pilot Road 3. They are expensive, but the last better than anything I have found, and they still give me plenty of traction to go play with.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

The M3 is old tech at this point. Probably not bad if you are looking for a bargain, but there are much nicer skins out there.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Ok, thank you. IT turns out they dont have the size I'm looking for in stock anyway, I'll try the touring tires b/c it seems like that's more of what I'm looking for.
        1991 GSX600F
        1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestKAT View Post
          I'll try the touring tires b/c it seems like that's more of what I'm looking for.
          Sport touring, not touring, there is a BIG difference.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Touring tires are meant for pounding down the super slab, and aren't very sticky at all.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Stay away from the touring tires. they eat pavement well, but their grip is poor and may cause you to eat pavement too, if you ever ride aggressively.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
              X