X

chain adjuster stuck!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chain adjuster stuck!

I believe I over tightened it so when I took the nut off the plate itself is still stuck in the swing arm. Any suggestions on how to get it off without wrecking it? I was thinking of putting a chisel through the spindle hole then tap it out with a hammer.

I think a very small tap with a hammer will get it loose .

FYI the rear bolt needs to be tightened with 45nm
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Katchu View Post
      I believe I over tightened it so when I took the nut off the plate itself is still stuck in the swing arm. Any suggestions on how to get it off without wrecking it? I was thinking of putting a chisel through the spindle hole then tap it out with a hammer.

Replace them with aluminum capped adjusters from another bike, like the bandits, RFs, or SVs.

The stock steel plate is bad for doing exactly that... pulling into the end of the arm. You have the right idea on getting it out if it's stuck that bad.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
        I think a very small tap with a hammer will get it loose .

FYI the rear bolt needs to be tightened with 45nm
        The manual says 65NM no?

Comment

Working...
        X