X

Worried about my Chain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about my Chain

Is it normal for the chain to have rust? She's a pre 750... Supposedly has 17000 miles (Discrepancy at the DMV, prob the guage replaced). The give seems to be pretty decent and I havn't taken the bike into a shop since I got her... I'm new to all this so... trying to learn my way through it.
    1991 Katana 750 (Red) (sold)
    2007 GSXR 600

Rust on a chain is a no no, and a good rule of thumb is, if you're worried, replace it. Also chain and sprockets should be replaced together.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Originally posted by 5forty2 View Post
      Rust on a chain is a no no, and a good rule of thumb is, if you're worried, replace it. Also chain and sprockets should be replaced together.

Yeah thats what I was thinking... just wanted to be sure. So, whats a good price for the chain/sprocket's to be replaced?
      2007 GSXR 600

Comment

Sprockets from GSXFjim in the katriders store is about the lowest price around, and a great product.

RK Xring 530 chain 120 link runs about $100.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Sprockets from GSXFjim in the katriders store is about the lowest price around, and a great product.

RK Xring 530 chain 120 link runs about $100.

Krey

Awesome,.. Thanks Krey!
          2007 GSXR 600

Comment

Working...
          X