X

My new Michelin Pilot Power tires!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Michelin Pilot Power tires!!!

I rode my bike today for the first time on my new michelin pilot powers. Stock size up front, and wider 170/60 in the back. Feels great so far, but I didn't want to push it since they're new and it was cold. Gotta scrub off the mold release agent first.
    Before the swap I had the crappy original Macadam in the back and Dunlop d207f up front...
    The back rubber was ROCK HARD and flat in the center. I looked at the DOT #s and the last 2 digits were "02", meaning the tire was made in '02!!!!!!!
    '03 600 Kat
    '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

haha grats mate sees like it was much needed
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Thanks! I couldn't believe the rear tire was original equipment from when the bike was new after 21,000 km and 8 years!
      '03 600 Kat
      '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

Comment

Congratz on your new shoes. I remember when I went from my worn out Macadams to the Z6's, man what a difference!!!!

Where'd you end up getting your tires?
        Kyle

Comment

Found them on kijiji, this guy bought them and never put them on, or maybe they're hot?, $220 for the set!!!!
          '03 600 Kat
          '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

Comment

Haha, new tyres always make a bike feel great! I often kick myself for letting a set of tyres get too square, only to have that eureka moment when heading out on a new set...all over again...

Comment

I just ordered a set of pilot powers today. 218 shipped to my door. will be here tomorrow from motorcycle superstore. Just found out they are also in KY which is why i will have them next day. cant be that at all.

Comment

I really like these tires. I bought them on a trip, not by choice, as the dealer didn't have Metzlers. I acutally believe they saved my life when someone pulled out in front of me up in MT on the interstate. They hit a big patch of sand which partially blinded me, I was already in the process of moving to the far inside to avoid it but hit a lot if it while leaned over. I wound up about a foot off the center concrete divider, feeling more alive than I ever have, lol. And still feel pretty darn good about those Michelins to this day!
                Wherever you turn, wherever you go, if you get it wrong the least you can know: there's miles and miles to put it back together.
                G. Tipton, R. Halford, K. Downing

sigpic

Comment

i just bought a set of these today. big difference over my old hard tires.

Comment

How many miles do they usually last?

Comment

Depends on how you ride. Probably close to a year? I burned up my original rear tire in four months or less. Calmed down a lot more now that cycle sports center screw d me on prices.
                      R.I.P. Adam Horak. Loved and never forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X