broken valve stem replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken valve stem replacement

Hi all,
    recently, my front tire valve stem just started to leak air from around the wheel hole. I just replaced the valve stem in about 15 mins without removing the tire and without lifting the bike. Luckily I came upon a youtube video which showed how to do this with a large C-clamp.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBikGAIzArM"]YouTube - Chinese Scooter Valve Stem Replacement Made Easy[/ame]

I know it says its for a Scooter, but it worked fine for me. What i needed and used was an 8'' C-clamp (i tried using an 8'' C clamp on the rear tire, it wouldn't fit and I don't have a bigger c-clamp and my valve stem is fine, but I'd assume it would be the same with a a bigger C-Clamp), a 4 way valve tool, a new valve stem (TR-412, 0.453'' hole) a small pancake air compressor and that was it. I pushed the bike so teh valve stem hole was in a position where I could easily attach the C-Clamp. I only had to break one side of the bead. Please use your own precaution while doing this and becareful of the tire bead popping when you inflate the tire back up, keep all fingers away. Also, remember after spraying the tire with soap or windex, the tire will be very slippery on the first couple of rides. I hope this helps someone, especially in an emergency situation.

Very cool, thanks for posting it.
    Blackdog
    DRz-400e plated
    Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

thanks for that

Comment

Man thanks alot for posting that, I was almost breaking my head thinking the easiest way to do this.

Comment

Working...
        X