Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

First time tire buyer any recomendations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time tire buyer any recomendations?

I have an 02 Kat and I am looking to spend somewhere between 250-300 for the set. So far the IRC sport road winner's have caught my eye along with the Continental contiforce's. Anyone have experience with either? The best price I have seen is from tireexpress.com for 220 for the set.

I have no experience with the Continentals, but I just put a set of Pirelli Angel ST's on my bike and they're awesome....I bought them off of motorcyclesuperstore.com and paid around 230$ shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by KentuckyKAT View Post
      I have an 02 Kat and I am looking to spend somewhere between 250-300 for the set. So far the IRC sport road winner's have caught my eye along with the Continental contiforce's. Anyone have experience with either? The best price I have seen is from tireexpress.com for 220 for the set.

The contiforce tires are great touring tires... but they are touring tires. That means a much flatter profile for longer straight rides.

With you living in KY... I might suggest a slightly more sporty version for the tires to handle the curves. Cointi road attacks are my personal choice, but I've heard good things about the Michelin CT2 tires on handling, and having very long lifes.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The Continental Road Attack tires are great, really stick to the road, reasonably priced online, and are pretty durable
        Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Originally posted by cybrnathan View Post
          The Continental Road Attack tires are great, really stick to the road, reasonably priced online, and are pretty durable
          My favorite tires ever! I have Pirelli Diablo's on mine now because they came with my current bike, but as soon as I wear these out, I'm going right back to the Road Attacks. Decently priced too, and you can usually find a local place that'll put them on for like $20/each.
          Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            The contiforce tires are great touring tires... but they are touring tires. That means a much flatter profile for longer straight rides.

With you living in KY... I might suggest a slightly more sporty version for the tires to handle the curves. Cointi road attacks are my personal choice, but I've heard good things about the Michelin CT2 tires on handling, and having very long lifes.

Krey
            Thanks man, really appreciate it.

Comment

Road Attacks hear as well
              Got mine from www.motorcyclesuperstore.com and had them installed locally
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Michelin pilot power for me.

Comment

Originally posted by indianboy7 View Post
                  I have no experience with the Continentals, but I just put a set of Pirelli Angel ST's on my bike and they're awesome....I bought them off of motorcyclesuperstore.com and paid around 230$ shipped.
                  Look like good tires, but saw a lot of people complaining about tread life. How are yours holding up?

Comment

I ride on Metzlers. Dont remember off hand which model i have on there now. They are very soft and sticky. Tread life isnt really long, but i ride a lot in the Mountains. Lots of Twisties, have to have good traction. Mountain on one side and guard rail on the other. Ill take traction over tread life for now until i decide to experiment with other tires.

Comment

I got a set of Conti motions from DK not to long ago for 135 shipped... My last set had 2 plugs in the rear and 1 up front (Dunlops, PO took bad care of the bike.)... i was real scared on those so i didnt ride(good idea) I recently put the motions on and got a lot of confidence now...Those were the first tires i bought and they are probably not the greatest but i like them just fine. Just throwin another option your way...
                      -Noe-
                      2000 Katana 750

Comment

Metzler Z6 are awesome. I went from the stock Dunlops on my 750 (which were very good tires by the way) to the Metzlers. What a difference!

Comment

Working...
                        X