X

Spacer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacer

Hey Guys! No I haven't been on for a while, but I have not forgot about this great website and forum. Early last year, I had the rear tire replaced on my 91 GSX750F Kat. The year was busy and money was tight so I only rode it a few times for about 800 miles... anyway, last week I noticed the chain needed to be tightened and I could not get it adjusted right for anything! I never remember it being so difficult. Next, when I tightened down on the axle nut, the wheel became hard to spin! I took the wheel off to investigate and it appears the dealership left the spacer off of the sprocket side! The swingarm was pinching directly down on the bearings. Does anybody have one? I'm sure it will have to be ordered if not. The dealership here in town has since gone out of business. Thanks, Greg

Don't have a spare atm, but...

OEM for the pre was 9.5mm wide. Reports have been coming in that the replacements are 14mm. This isn't really a problem, but may require a little bit of working to get swingarm wider to easily fit the wheel and new spacer back in.

Just something to keep in mind if you mail order new.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks! Dealer in Macon said it was only $12.35 so I think I'll just go up and order it!

Comment

Well, what I thought was a bearing is actually the spacer. It is actually the bearings that were the problem. got them on order. thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X