X

Changed my first tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed my first tire

So at $20 a tire change is pretty reasonable but I wanted to see if I could do it and I've learned a few things....

1. Use lots of lube(windex for me)
    I did this as after thought... think ahead.

2. Patience is a virtue
    -I'm painting my wheels... I had planned on it but when I ran into troubles I lost my head...

3. Protect your wheels!
    -I used a lipton tea bottle and just cut the sides of... Next time I will have at least 4 halves vs. the 2 I used

I followed scudman's directions(youtube) for the change... Broke the bead with my boot...

Overall spent $30 +/- on tools and weights but way worth it. If I see interest I'll right up a how to...
    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
    ---
    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

At $20 a wheel I'd still be paying for it. I didn't learn how until the local bike shop quoted me $65 each!
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      At $20 a wheel I'd still be paying for it. I didn't learn how until the local bike shop quoted me $65 each!
      I wanted the skill/knowledge at the very least. Cycle gear does em for $20. I will probably do the next couple and see if it gets smoother and if so I'll do mine from here on out. If that's the route I'm taking I'll probably build a "change table"... Something that fold out of the wall or something. The other thing nice is there is a lot less down time as I don't have to wait for when is convenient to them.
      95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
      ---
      I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Working...
      X