X

1992 kat size tyre choices

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 kat size tyre choices

hi guys just had a puncture in my 1992 gsx600f rear tyre which is unrepairable so was looking into what tyres are available.

i have come across 2 different tyre sizes in different forums etc and was wondering what would be better the sizes are 140/80/17 which is stock or a 150/70/17 are these both able to fit my rim? and also what would the handling be like on a 150/70/17 as this is a more widley used tyre so is about £30 cheaper than the 140

also what do people have currently fitted 140 or 150 and which do people prefer any advice on this would be great as its my first bike and still learning all the little things

many thanks in advance - rob

tires for sale

Hey I have a brand new set of pilot powers 155 60 r17 and 110 80 17 for sale 150 for both you pay shipping Ian in Portland Oregon tires have never been used sold 1990 katana currently have r6

Comment

Originally posted by Bpc92303 View Post
      Hey I have a brand new set of pilot powers 155 60 r17 and 110 80 17 for sale 150 for both you pay shipping Ian in Portland Oregon tires have never been used sold 1990 katana currently have r6
      We have a for sale section for posting things for sale.

And by the way, a 155/60-17 doesn't exist.

Originally posted by taz4626 View Post
      hi guys just had a puncture in my 1992 gsx600f rear tyre which is unrepairable so was looking into what tyres are available.

i have come across 2 different tyre sizes in different forums etc and was wondering what would be better the sizes are 140/80/17 which is stock or a 150/70/17 are these both able to fit my rim? and also what would the handling be like on a 150/70/17 as this is a more widley used tyre so is about £30 cheaper than the 140

also what do people have currently fitted 140 or 150 and which do people prefer any advice on this would be great as its my first bike and still learning all the little things

many thanks in advance - rob
      Both sizes will fit fine, and you're likely to find a better selection in 150/70 than you will in 140/80. I would go for the 150, personally.
      Last edited by loudnlow7484; 12-02-2010, 02:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Why do people spell TIRE with a Y?
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
          Why do people spell TIRE with a Y?
          The same reason they spell color with a U.... (colour)
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Two cultures separated by a common language!

Y'all do realize the OP posted his question 2 months ago, right?
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
            X