X

stock sprocket question post kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock sprocket question post kat

Hi could anyone tell me the stock sprocket sizes, front and rear on a 98 750 kat? I have searched the threads and from what i can tell standard front is 15, rear 47, but i did see a link through this site and it said 98 to 04 katana has 15 front and 45 rear as stock with a 116 link chain, Im running a 15/44.

stock for the post 750 is 15 front, 45 rear, the 600 is 15 front, 47 rear.

when I did my chain and sprockets recently, i went 15/47, for a tiny boost on my 750.

second pulls like first now
    Last edited by JayBell; 08-15-2010, 02:59 PM.

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

At just over 19K miles on my 06 600 it is time to replace my stock chain and sprockets. I use my bike mainly for commuting/general transportation and a 300+ mile trip a few times a year. I run a 120/70 front and 160/60 rear tire and my indicated speed has always been around 7mph off. At 60 mph on the speedo I am actually traveling at 53mph.

What would be the best sprocket set for a small boost?

How would this effect the speedo issue?

Ideal for me would be a set with ratios that provide a boost and even out with my speedo.

Comment

Your stock set up is a 15/47 #530 Chain. That combo is leaning to the Top End speed. to fix the speedo, a speedo healer would be the way to go.
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Whats the stock on the pre 600 kats?

Comment

Hi, guys, i´m thinking of doing a 520 CONVERSION Chain Sprocket, with ratio of 15 tooth front 50 tooth rear, since i am riding on the mountains most of the time i think may be beneficial to improve the torque.

here is my question,
            would it be better..

15 front 50 rear on 520 chain?
            15 front 50 rear on 530 chain?

what is the difference on this two?

i belive that 530 heavier chain will last longer? will handle the heavy kat better? is the 520 weaker?

leave these questions to KR experts....
            thanks

Comment

Working...
            X