X

Newb question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb question

After reading on here a bit I think I made a mistake. I bought a new tire for the rear end last night 180/55zr/17 Shinko Raven. I now realize I should have gotten a 160 tire but I just looked at the worn out rear and the 180 was the size so I figured i'd go with that. It is going on my 1999 Kat 750. It has stock swinger and rim. Will I get away with running it until they wear out? The front tire is a Raven with less than 200 miles so I'm not mixing/matching or old/new tires. Bear with me I will learn eventually. Its my first street bike.
    1999 GSX750F
    -Yoshimura RS3
    -Shinko Raven's
    -More to come

You CAN do lots of stuff, but that still doesn't make it a good idea. Throw the 180 on Craigslist, if you shopped carefully, you can probably sell it for what you have in it. And order a 150/70 or 160/60.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Comment

Buying another itre isn't a problem. Will I be able to run this for a week or so without it rubbing? I have heard the Shinko Raven seems to be wider. I have friend who will buy the tire in couple weeks.
        1999 GSX750F
        -Yoshimura RS3
        -Shinko Raven's
        -More to come

Comment

I would not do it. even if it cleared, the profile will be soo distorted that I couldn't possibly consider it safe.
          sigpic
          1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Working...
          X