X

Need front tire help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need front tire help

Ok I have a 04 kat thats been moded I'm running a 180 55 17 in the rear, now whats the major differance on lower profile's on the front i like the way the 120 60 17 look but my saftey is a little more important than looks will it make a big change on the bike as far as handling or should i not attempt it
    CLOS

i was told not to run a 120/60-17 on my Kat. something about weight and load. how the he11 does a 180 fit on the back?
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Ive changed a lot on the bike it now has a gxsr 1000 swing arm and rims I started this bike as a project but looking to make it ride and drive better its been lowered new paint motor has been reworked changed swingarm its been streched i know it dosent need it but i like the look
      CLOS

Comment

120/60 is not designed to handle the weight of a fat bike like the Katana. But with a stretched swinger and a bigger rim you're obviously not going for a bike that handles well. It's your call.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

+1 It's because of the weight.
          sigpic
          1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

got any photos of your bike from the rear?
            sigpic
            98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
            Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

yhea im on the road right now as soon as i get back im gonna start putting up pics. when i got the bike it was different colors sprayed w/rattle can had lots of problems just been busy getting it road ready going to sturgis ms soon want to take it this time
              CLOS

Comment

Pics?

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                  Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                  R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                  1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                  RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                  3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                  Black painted seat and rear trim,
                  Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

If your worried about handling why the H would you strecht the back and put all that torque busting rubber on the rear?

Comment

Working...
                    X