X

Dunlop Sportmax Q2s...thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop Sportmax Q2s...thoughts?

Cycle gear is running a pretty good deal right now for a front/rear combo of these for $250 and $40 to mount/balance both.

Seems like a pretty good deal, close to the deal that someone posted about in antoher thread, once I factor in shipping and higher cost of mounting.

Anyone have any thoughts or experence with these?
    ROLL TIDE!

My girls cousin has a triumph 900 speed triple and runs those tires. So far he says he loves them and they handle great wet or dry. So far the only thing is with the great handling in mind means softer composite rubber and his tires wear down faster...this I guess will also depend on how you ride. But anyway he recommends them to everyone he knows. I have Battlax BT021's on my kat and so far they are amazing as well but I am definitely considering the swap after riding the triumph myself. The price your paying seems a little high to me but the tires are worth the money. I don't know man....good luck with the choosing.

Comment

I ran these for the first 2 sets on my '06 Kat, and no complaints at all. They held up for about 8k miles each set and never slipped in a corner for me.
      R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

where have you seen them cheaper? There is a deal from jcmotors, but it is $40 to ship them and cost more to have them mounted balanced if you don't buy them from the people doing the work.

ronayers, bikebandit, even amazon are more.
        ROLL TIDE!

Comment

JakeWilson has both tires for $264.98 Shipped! Can get them for about $244.98 Shipped with coupon code: jw009 ($20 off $150 purchase)

R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

they are 249 for the set at cycle gear and they have them in stock local. I think it's a great deal, but the other guy said it was too high....just wondering if he'd seen something I hadn't.
            ROLL TIDE!

Comment

Originally posted by abailey362 View Post
              they are 249 for the set at cycle gear and they have them in stock local. I think it's a great deal, but the other guy said it was too high....just wondering if he'd seen something I hadn't.
              Sounds like a good deal to me.... I paid $200 installed for my Shinko Ravens, but when I had the Dunlops, I was paying $250 installed, but I have a GOLD CARD MEMBERSHIP which I dont pay for labor if I buy product from dealer.

There are cheaper tires out there, as I went cheaper due to funds being low, but $290 isn't bad for those tires mounted IMO!
              Last edited by 06katanarider; 07-26-2010, 12:06 PM.
              R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

They're what I'm currently running on my Yammi and they seem to be alright so far. I haven't ridden them in a downpour yet so I can't comment on that aspect. I do know my Kat really liked the Met Z6's and they wore well.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

ended up getting them from another dealer for 230 (asked to price match the 250 and they did 250 after tax) for the set +80 to mount with them on the bike. I decided it was worth the $40 extra to not have to pull em off and put em back on. Rode home on wet roads since it poured while I was getting them mounted, and they feel good so far.
                  ROLL TIDE!

Comment

Originally posted by 06katanarider View Post
                    Sounds like a good deal to me.... I paid $200 installed for my Shinko Ravens, but when I had the Dunlops, I was paying $250 installed, but I have a GOLD CARD MEMBERSHIP which I dont pay for labor if I buy product from dealer.

There are cheaper tires out there, as I went cheaper due to funds being low, but $290 isn't bad for those tires mounted IMO!
                    How are you liking your Ravens? Had mine about 2 weeks and seem good, just havent tested them on the twisties yet!!!
                    99 Ford F150 4x4
                    04 Mustang GT
                    2010 Camaro SS
                    06 GSX600F
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by abailey362 View Post
                      ended up getting them from another dealer for 230 (asked to price match the 250 and they did 250 after tax) for the set +80 to mount with them on the bike. I decided it was worth the $40 extra to not have to pull em off and put em back on. Rode home on wet roads since it poured while I was getting them mounted, and they feel good so far.
                      Consider yourself "blessed"..... I just paid slightly over that much for just the rear to be installed. Let's both hope they wear well.
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Sorry man, That is a good price its about the same up here. I was miss informed. Apparently we know someone who works at cycle gear and we can get them mounted for free thats what was different.

Comment

that makes sense then. I have put 400 or so miles on them so far and they feel great, no complaints so far
                          ROLL TIDE!

Comment

Working...
                          X