X

new tires????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tires????

ok i noticed @ days ago that my front tire had cord poking through so i parked it. i found on craigslist a guy selling a set of rims and tires forn 200 decent tires on them so i picked them up today? got em home researched the tires on them and there dunlop k591 f elite sp. there tecnically sold for for harleys and there bias ply! they do have a v speed rating up to 149 mph. has anyone ever rode these on a sport bike? now the sizes on them i cant find anyone who sells these tires in this size so i dont kno if there different type or anything cause there 110/80/17 and 140/70/17 nowhere online sells these in these sizes so i dont kno if there the same as the harley ones? should i try to run them and see how they are and take it easy on em? do yall think theyll b fine? this guy rode on them for a few months so i dunno let me kno what u think

I wouldn't ride on them at all.

You could have gotten brand new tires for $200 shipped.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

While certainly not my first option, as a general sport touring tire they will work... as a tire.

If your not out railing on them, shouldn't be a problem.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yea i could have gotten a brand new set for 200 but i have other issues that wouldve made it more expensinve and time consuming plus these rims r powdered coated and i love the way they look. and i gotta tap out 2 bolts from the brake rotor on rear well he gave me that with his set. plus getting new tires put on isnt cheap theres noone not even a small shop around here that will do it for less than 80 a tire with balancing if i just bring in rim and tire! and im not looking for something to go tear up the roads on right now. my fighters still being fixed up so im just wanting something to drive 20 minutes every couple days 2 my buddys house and 2 work. when i get my body work finished im gonna go to a gsxr extended swingarm. which another question to krey. what exactly do i have to mod to fit a gsxr swingarm onto my 91 750.

Comment

Originally posted by poscarguy View Post
          yea i could have gotten a brand new set for 200 but i have other issues that wouldve made it more expensinve and time consuming plus these rims r powdered coated and i love the way they look. and i gotta tap out 2 bolts from the brake rotor on rear well he gave me that with his set. plus getting new tires put on isnt cheap theres noone not even a small shop around here that will do it for less than 80 a tire with balancing if i just bring in rim and tire! and im not looking for something to go tear up the roads on right now. my fighters still being fixed up so im just wanting something to drive 20 minutes every couple days 2 my buddys house and 2 work. when i get my body work finished im gonna go to a gsxr extended swingarm. which another question to krey. what exactly do i have to mod to fit a gsxr swingarm onto my 91 750.
          Several Custom spacers and parts at the pivot point, relocate and weld back on the brake torque arm mount point, work out the link/dogbones for the specific swingarm suspension depending on where the links mount to the swingarm, and of course resolve any clearance issues that may occur with the subframe.

That is assuming your talking older GSXR swingarms like around the early 90s. If your looking at new GSXR swingarms, then alot more focus on the links/dogbone susupension and shock mount, as well as subframe clearance... but all the rest applies as well.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I did have a Douche-lop K591 on the back of the kat for a little bit. I didn't ride on it very much, but it made a ton of smoke when I burned it off. The little bit I did ride on it, it didn't feel unsafe or anything, though. I'd ride on it, just don't demand too much of the tires and you'll be fine.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
            X