X

Chain / Sprocket 2006 KAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain / Sprocket 2006 KAT

Alright, I know there are many, but most I seen are Pre. KATs.

I got my tires ordered and had my chain / sprockets inspected. Was told I was good for another few thousand miles (2-3K) but want to go ahead and plan on what to order.

I currently have 15/47 and want to up grade to 15/50 or atleast 15/49 with new chain.

Stock chain has 118 Links with 15/47

How many links will my new chain need to be to match the 15/50 sprockets and where is a good place to get them.

also is it best to go 520 or 530 ???

I have been looking at the DID chains and the RK Chains
    R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Pitch is up to you. as for the links you might have to go up to a 120 link or longer. I can get chains cut to the length you need. I say stay with the 530 but others will say go with the 520. I see no reason for it except that a 520 pitch can be cheaper on price.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

How much can you get me a chain cut for? Send me a price please
      R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

The pricing would be the same as the normal 530 and 520 pitch on my site. Even if it is 5 links more. Should not need more than a 125 link for the 15/50 set up. Krey can tell us how many links his was.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I was thinking of going up in the back to have that more lowend power, but I think I am goingto just stick with the 15/47 set-up. Less RPM's and better fuel mileage. With my D&D Exhaust I dont think I need to turn more RPM's during the night riding
          R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

If you go up in the back to a 49 or 50 sprocket, you need to just add 2 teeth to the stock chain size. So if your 118 stock, then 120 will fit just fine.

It's simple to remember... change 1 link per 1 tooth change... but order even number links, so round down.

If stock size = 118 with a 15/47 setup then....

15/48 = 118
            15/49 = 120
            15/50 = 120
            15/51= 122

If you change the size of the swingarm... you will need to account for that. I went up 3 teeth in the rear, but shortened my swingarm by 3/4".... so I stayed at stock length for my chain.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks man! I am not modding the swingarm though. What type of RPM change is there when the back is moved from 47T to 49T/50T? Do you happen to know?

I know 60-65 is around 5K RPM's right now on my bike.
              R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

Originally posted by 06katanarider View Post
                Thanks man! I am not modding the swingarm though. What type of RPM change is there when the back is moved from 47T to 49T/50T? Do you happen to know?

I know 60-65 is around 5K RPM's right now on my bike.
                Bumped me up about 500 rpms more for the same speed as prior...

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  Bumped me up about 500 rpms more for the same speed as prior...

Krey

Well that is not too bad then. I was told much more by someone else before. 15/50 being considered again....
                  R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

Originally posted by 06katanarider View Post
                    Well that is not too bad then. I was told much more by someone else before. 15/50 being considered again....
                    I find the 15/50 setup very rideable for under 60 speeds, with no issues at all. It really makes it feel like your 1 gear lower than you are for pull/rpms... not bad at all.

Just be prepared to constantly check for 7th gear alot...

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                      I find the 15/50 setup very rideable for under 60 speeds, with no issues at all. It really makes it feel like your 1 gear lower than you are for pull/rpms... not bad at all.

Just be prepared to constantly check for 7th gear alot...

Krey
                      I live in the coutry and about 30 miles from nearest town. I usually run 70mph on the back roads (Speedlimit 60), how do you think the RPM's would be there?
                      I noticed from one of Cyberpoets past posts he had sent to me, it shows like a 6.38% diff. How noticable is it actually as far as lowend power?
                      If i was racing 1/4mile, how much time could I gain? I am NOT racing for sure, but something along those lines as far as noticing diff.
                      Last edited by 06katanarider; 06-08-2010, 09:00 PM.
                      R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

Working...
                      X