X

Michelin Power Pure tire pressure for gsx650f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelin Power Pure tire pressure for gsx650f

since no one on the forum has experience with the power pure tires on the 650F.... I found a topic on zx-10 forum and the guy (with a sv track bike, not zx-10) recommended 32/30 for track 32/34 for street cuz the new light tire technology actually causes the tire to heat up real fast. they experienced hot tear instead of cold tear with 30/30 setup. sound about right?
    Last edited by JasonChen; 06-07-2010, 08:53 AM.
    sigpic
    2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

I think that's pretty subjective since it will depend on ambient temperature, surface temperature, your riding style, track conditions, etc. Best thing to do is to ask the trackside tire supplier what their suggestion is for that particular track.

Also, I think Michelin's tire pressure may be measured hot not cold. Double check me on that, but something in the back of my brain tells me that's the case.

Comment

thanks, I'll look into it
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
        Also, I think Michelin's tire pressure may be measured hot not cold.
        on their automobile tire site it states measure cold. not sure about for bikes though... site under construction but I ran Angeles Crest Highway yesterday with 32/30 and it handled very well! a fireblade was nice enough to let me chase him around
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X