X

front wheel/brake problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front wheel/brake problem

I just replaced my forks because my other ones were bent from an accident. When i went riding and hit my brakes it would go tatatatatata. i lifted my bike up to see if the wheel was bent at all, but when i spun it, it looked fine...no bumps, the rotar looks good too. But it sounds like the brakes are riding on it pretty bad, any ideas as to why this is? I'm pretty sure the problem has to do with the capillaries but i just dont know what.

Double check you have all the spacers in correctly at the axle/wheel.

Make sure you can visually see the center of the rotors are center with the inside of the calipers. You can tell because they have a split line right in the center.

Make sure your rotors are not warped.

Make sure your calipers are not sticking/binding

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I added a washer to the axle and that seemed to do the trick, i guess the spacing was wrong before, Thanks

Comment

the bushing that fits in the left fork can be installed backwards and causes issues with clearance. ask me how i know. the collar goes on the inside.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
        X